Thursday, March 10, 2011

Potty Training

So after begging and pleading with my little one to go poo in the potty, he decides to do it by himself at the worst time possible. I have been working on trying to get him in big boy undies for a couple of weeks now. I put a small potty in the living room so that he gets comfortible with going. He always hides when it is time for him to poo. So as I am fixing supper plates today, he comes in the living room and decides he is going to do it. I hear a knock on the door (yeah I was expecting company) and I come in here to answer the door. I look around and there sits my son, as pretty as you please, on his potty. I was so humilated, but could not help but laugh. So he stands up and says, "Mommy, look I poo!!!" The humilation continues!! But laughing, I praise him and go empty the potty. I come back in to my guest and she is all smiles. I feel so bad. LOL.
I know that every child is different, and every mother is different, but my advice is this, IF you can handle putting the potty in the living room to make your child comfortible with it, do it. I really feel as if little one has gotten the hang of this. I could not be prouder of him.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, potty training is a job, u just gotta stick w/ it. Don't force the child. They need to go on their own time. I know it's frustrating. I don't have any kids yet, but I use to work in daycare. GOD bless. Keep up the good work, my dear friend on your blog n the potty training:) Crystal http://sweetpea-honeybun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still laughing about your little one in the living room. lol We are in the middle of potty training my grand-daughter right now. I bought her a princess potty seat from Walmart she loves it. I think I am jealous it's super soft! Even my 18 year old said, man little kids get all the best stuff! lol
    Good luck with the Potty Training and better timing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, good luck. Training is no easy to say the least. He is my 4th. My third kid was my harderst. Up until about a year ago, I still had to wipe him most of the time. When he stared Kindergarten, I sent baby wipes to school with him, just incase he had to poo while he was there. He still does not get it all off sometimes, but man it is much better.

    ReplyDelete