Thursday, March 17, 2011

Picky eating

I have such picky eating kids. My 7 year old does not like hamburger meat. So anything I make with HB meat, I have to either fix his before I put the meat in, or just dont give him the meat at all. None of my family likes veggies much. I mean we can get some corn, and some green beans, but really no one eats GOOD veggies. It frustrates me, but what can I do. I mean I know that there are people that will force their kids to eat them (and that is YOUR choice) but I am not like that. I was forced to eat them as a child and HATED it. I would love to cook healthier food, but I know that they will not eat eat it. So why waste money? So we eat things like Spaghetti, lasagna, meat loaf, pork chops (which he will not eat either unless forced) and most all the time I make mac & cheese, potatoes, corn (either on cob or cream style), chicken style rice, and green beans. So it us usually the same things all the time. One gets sick of that after a while. So last night I made meat loaf, and my son walks in the kitchen and says, "Mommy I really dont feel like eating supper tonight. I dont want to. Is that ok?" Of course I said, "No you will be eating tonight."
The poor kid really does not like eating the meat. So I am wondering how many of you moms/dads out there have ery picky kids too? What kind of meals do you fix that dont cost too much, and are made with most of the food we normally buy all the time? I am kinda sick of all the same things.

No comments:

Post a Comment